The Rutherglen Gun Club has been in existence since at least 1898, as confirmed by a newspaper entry found on TROVE.
"The Trigger, By 'Sir Lucius'. Fixtures October 25"
Weekly times (Melbourne, Vic. : 1869-1954), Saturday 22 October 1898, page 26.
Black and white photograph of a large group of men, two of them holding rifles, posing in a paddock, some seated, some standing. There is a shed in the background.
Inscriptions & markings
Written at the bottom of the photo: "Rutherglen Gun Club 1936"
- Indigo Shire Council Community Directory entry Link to Community Directory for the current Rutherglen Gun Club.