7 Labels - DUIRS & WARRELL
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 White label with three straight sides and a curved top. It has gold and green shadow printed text, a drawing of an Irish harp, two star like decorations and a green border. It is stained in part. The label is adhered to a piece of pink card.
.2 Rectangular white label with dark blue text and a decorative border of gold coloured vine leaves. It is adhered to a piece of pink card.
.3 Rectangular white label with gold coloured text and decorative border.
.4 Rectangular white label with gold coloured text and border with curved corners.
.5 Rectangular label with gold coloured text and border with curved corners.
.6 (two copies) White label with three straight sides and curved top. The label has gold and dark blue text. There is a coat of arms with a lion and a unicorn and at the base a ribbon bow. It is adhered to a piece of pink card.
- duirs & warrell, spirts and wines, warrnambool
- Duirs and Warrell (62-64 Liebig Street) was prominent in Warrnambool for many years. The business had the name of Duirs and Warrell for nearly 90 years but the store was first established by William Jamieson in 1857. It was then acquired by J.C.A. Kruger before being taken over by James Duirs in partnership with Warrell. The liquor licence of Duirs an Warrell passed to Dickins Supermarket and the shop closed in 1971.
- Gaspars Modern Printing Co. (Maker)
- These are important labels as the firm Duirs and Warrell was prominent in Warrnambool for many years
- .1 FINE OLD IRISH WHISKY BOTTLED BY DUIRS & WARRELL, WARRNAMBOOL
.2 FINEST OLD RUM BOTTLED BY DUIRS & WARRELL,WARRNAMBOOL
.3 BOTTLED BY DUIRS & WARRELL, LIEBIG STREET, WARRNAMBOOL
.4 Fine OLD PORT BOTTLED BY DUIRS & WARRELL, LIEBIG STREET, WARRNAMBOOL
.5 FINEST AUSTRALIAN WINE Frontignac. Bottled by DUIRS & WARRELL Liebig Street, Warrnambool
.6 TRADE MARK Finest Old BRANDY BOTTLED BY DUIRS & WARRELL WARRNAMBOOL HONI SOIT QUI MALI PENSE DIEU ET MON DROIT
- 17 Jun 2019 at 3:47PM