black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A black / white portrait photograph, head and shoulders, of a middle - aged man with a white beard.It is an oval shaped photograph set in a cream cardboard mount.
- martin-robert church-of-england-orbost church-orbost
- Mr. Robert Martin - First Church of England was a clergyman stationed at Orbost - 1884-1891. Mr Martin, who was appointed by Bishop Moorhouse of Melbourne, to be
Stipendiary Reader in charge of the district in 1885. Prior to that, Mr Martin, a retired sea captain, had unofficially conducted services in all sorts of places, where a congregation could be gathered together, though his business officially was that of a fire insurance argent. (more information in October 2007 Newsletter)
- second half 19th century
- Freeman & Co. (Maker)
- This item is associated with churches in Orbost.
- on front at bottom - Freeman & Co Sydney
- 20 Jun 2019 at 11:45AM