Photograph - Colour - Facade of the Former Sebastopol Town Hall During Building Works, 2018
From the Collection of Ballarat Heritage Services PO Box 2209 Bakery Hill Post Office Victoria
- Photographs of the facade of the former Sebastopol Town Hall, and the remains fo the old Sebastopol Town Hall revealed during renovations in 2018. The two white poles, donated by former mayors are also depicted.
- sebastopol, sebastopol town hall, sebastopol civic centre, sebastopol community centre, f.w. miller
- The old Sebastopol Town Hall was erected in 1868 and opened on 19 March, 1869. The newer Town Hall was rebuilt in the 1950s and opened on 20 December 1960.
The building was demolished except for the facade to build a new library in Sebastopol. The $2.8 million redeveloped Sebastopol Library Community Hub opend its doors to the community on Wednesday 2 January, 2019. This major redevelopment has transformed the City of Ballarat’s Library and Maternal and Child Health services into a vibrant modern community hub,
- Clare Gervasoni (Photographer)
- The two white poles at the front of the biulding include a plaque "Presented by the mayor Cr F.W. Miller, 1934"
- 7 Aug 2019 at 10:32PM