Label - Rosebrook Cheese and Butter Factory
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- Rectangular dark blue and white label featuring text and a trade mark. The latter is circular with three cows pictured. There are decorations of flowers and leaves. The central area of the label is white with three lines. The label is adhered to a piece of pink card.
- L 17cm W 11cm
- rosebrook, cheese and butter, concentrated milk, lydiard, rosebrook butter factory
- The Rosebrook Cheese and Butter Factory was opened in November 1888 by Messrs Lydiard &T F Rutledge & was a cooperative factory managed by Mr. Goldie.
It operated out of the former Rosebrook Flour Mill which was built on the banks of the Moyne River near the Rosebrook bridge in the late 1840s.
In 1896 the factory commenced the production of the condensation of milk. The company closed in 1911. The building and machinery were sold in 1917.
Rosebrook is situated about 20 kilometres from Warrnambool on the Princes Highway.
- Early 20th century
- This label is of some local significance as the Rosebrook Cheese and Butter factory operated for 30 years
- FROM THE Rosebrook Cheese & Butter Factory Company Limited, MANUFACTURERS OF "PURUS BRAND CONCENTRATED MILK Rosebrook, Port Fairy.
"PURUS" TRADE MARK FOR CONCENTRATED MILK
- 6 Oct 2019 at 7:01PM