Label - Webb McDonald & Co
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- Buff coloured rectangular label with dark blue text . Two corners of the label are mitred. It has a punched hole with a reinforce sticker .There is a pink smear on the front . There are remnants of pink card on the reverse
- L 12cm W 6cm
- webb, mc donald, engineers, brassfounders, plumbers, wiindmills
- Webb, Mc Donald and Co., Engineers, Brassfounders, Sheet Metal Workers, Plumbers appear to be the forerunners of the firm of Webb Brothers and Co. which was as important business in Lava Street, Warrnambool in the early 20th century. The Webb Brothers were especially noted for their windmill making, establishing a business in South Melbourne in 1921.
- Early 20th Century
- Gaspars Modern Printing Co. (Maker)
- This luggage label is of some significance as it is the only item we have of the firm of Webb, McDonald and Co.
- FROM WEBB, MCDONALD 7 CO., Engineers, Brassfounders, Sheet Metal Workers, Plumbers &c. LAVA STREET, WARRNAMBOOL.
- 2 Aug 2019 at 11:25AM