Labels x5 - Royal Archer Hotel
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1White rectangular label with red text and a gold border.
.2 White rectangular label with blue text and a gold border adhered to a piece of white card
.3 Identical to .2 but not adhered
.4 Identical to .2
.5 Identical to .2 but adhered to a piece of white paper. The bottom right hand corner has been torn off.
- L 11.5 cm W 7.5 cm
- royal archer hotel, frederick viney, whisky
- The Royal Archer Hotel in Koroit Street between Kepler and Liebig Streets was opened in 1894 and closed in 1969. Frederick Viney was the licensee from 1894 to 1910. He had previously run a dyeing business in Timor Street in the 1870s and was a well known musician in town.
- Early 20th century
- Gaspars Modern Printing Co. (Maker)
- These whisky bottle labels are from the Royal Archer Hotel, the second of that name in Warrnambool and are of some importance.
- .1,. F.VINEY'S Royal Archer Blend WHISKY
.2,.3,.4,.5 Royal Archer BLEND WHISKY BOTTLED BY F. VINEY, ROYAL ARCHER HOTEL,WARRNAMBOOL ( Note .4 has a pencilled 'D' on the front.)
- 6 Oct 2019 at 7:07PM