Labels x 2 - Evans & Co
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 Light brown cardboard label, primarily rectangular with mitred corners at one end, a hole with a red reinforce sticker surrounding it. The label has black printed text and several parallel lines. Also there is a pencilled code.
.2 Identical to .1 but smaller
- .1 L 13.5cm W 6.5cm .2 L 11cm W 5.5cm
- edward evans, saddler, warrnambool councillor, warrnambool racing
- The saddler and harness business of E.D. Evans and Co. in Liebig Street was prominent in Warrnambool from the 1870s to the early decades of the 20th century. Edward Evans came to Warrnambool in the 1850s, was a Warrnambool Councillor from 1875 to 1878 and from 1884 to 1888 and was prominent in racing circles in the town,
- Early 20th century
- Gaspars Modern Printing Co. (Maker)
- These labels are of interest as E.D. Evans was a well known saddle and harness maker in Warrnambool's history.
- .1 FROM E. D. EVANS & CO. SADDLE & HARNESS MAKERS, WARRNAMBBO, PORT FAIRY, AND TERANG. C 1900 ( In pencil)
.2 Identical to .1
- 16 Aug 2019 at 10:58AM