From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a wooden tool with a curved body tapering to a point. There is a small ridge near the thin end.
- W (at thick end) 4.5 cm. H 32.5 cm.
- maritime history, warrnambool, history of warrnambool
- It is not known what sort of tool this is but it is possible that it is connected with rope-making or splicing in a maritime trade. As Warrnambool is a coastal city with a port that operated from the time of the first settlement (1847) to the 1940s it is possible that it has a local connection.
- Early 20th century
- This item has no known history and no known local provenance and so is retained for display purposes only at this stage
- 22 Jul 2019 at 4:18PM