Trousers - "Howard Showers" trousers
From the Collection of Brighton Historical Society First Floor Bayside Arts and Cultural Centre (Old Brighton Town Hall) Corner Carpenter and Wilson Streets Brighton Victoria
- Cream coloured cotton French terry cloth pants with metal zip fly front, branded button closure, feature red stitching and printed cars in black ink. There are several car designs featured with each design appearing c1960s - 1970s. One car design features the name "Howard" on its number plate.
- howard showers, novelty print clothing, c1990s
- These novelty car print "Howard Showers" pants were worn by Di Reidie to many car rally events in Victoria, Australia and USA between 1990 and 2010. Di would perform the role of navigator in a team with her husband at these events.
- Howard Showers
- Di Reidie was a volunteer and president of Brighton Historical Society from 1999 - 2016. Originally from New Zealand, Di and her family have lived in Male Street, Brighton for many years and been active community members. During her time at BHS, Di has contributed significantly to the establishment, preservation and promotion of the Costume collection as well as the Brighton Historical society as a whole. Di was also a vintage clothing dealer and amassed her own significant costume and ephemera collection.
The choice of the wearing of these pants to these events is indicative of Di's sense of humour and attitude towards clothing.
- Manufacturers label "Howard Showers, Holiday, size 12" Metal button inscription "Howard Showers, Syd (Sydney), Aust (Australia). "Made in Australia". Care label.
- 2 Sep 2019 at 8:58PM