From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a small notebook with a light brown cover with an ornamental gold edging around the front cover. The cover is somewhat stained. The pages are gilt-edged and contain handwritten signatures, names and addresses and notes. There are many blank pages.
- W 6.2 cm. H 9.6 cm. D 1 cm.
- ardlie family, history of warrnambool
- This notebook comes from the estates of the Misses Dorothy and Agnes Ardlie of Warrnambool. Dorothy Ardlie (1910-1993) and her sister Agnes Ardlie (1915-1993) were the daughters of Ethel and Arthur Ardlie of Warrnambool, the granddaughters of the prominent Warrnambool lawyer, William Ardlie and his wife Mary and the great granddaughters of John and Mary Ardlie, early Warrnambool settlers. The notebook has been used in 1954 as a visitors book and later as an address book and a notebook for recipes, messages etc. The significance of ‘A la Ronde’ or ‘In the Round’ on the opening page is not known.
- This notebook is of minor interest as a memento of the Misses Dorothy and Agnes Ardlie of Warrnambool (20th century)
- Visitors Book
A La Ronde
- 1 Aug 2019 at 2:43PM