From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a spherical-shaped white china bowl with a pointed end and with the opening partly covered at the smaller end. It has a china handle at the top section. There are three drainage holes at the bottom of the smaller end. Inside the bowl at the top section there is black printing.
- W 21 cm. L 39 cm. D 14.2 cm.
- vintage hospital equipment, history of warrnambool
- This bed pan was used in the past for patients in hospitals and other places where there were bedridden people. Bed pans are still used in these circumstances but they are now made of materials that are more easily sterilized.
- Early 20th century
- This item has no known local provenance but it is an interesting example of hospital equipment used in the past and will be useful for display.
- The New Slipper Bed Pan
This slipper should be passed under the Patient in front between the legs.
If a flannel cap is made for the blade fastened by strings under the handle considerable comfort will be afforded.
- 1 Aug 2019 at 2:19PM