Book - Victorian Institute of Surveyors Transactions and Proceedings Vol V
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a hard cover book with a dark brown cover with gold printing on the front cover and spine. The cover is now stained. The book contains an introduction, twenty papers and reports from 1905 to 1910. There are many black and white photographs and fold-out maps and plans. The signature on the second page is handwritten in black ink.
- W 13.8 cm. H 21.5 cm. D 1.4 cm.
- crawley family, warrnambool, shire of warrnambool, history of warrnambool
- This book belonged to John William Crawley, Junior who had acquired it in 1910 as a member of the Victorian Institute of Surveyors. John Crawley was an engineer, architect and surveyor in private practice in Warrnambool and also the official engineer of the Shire of Warrnambool from 1896 to 1935. His father, brother and son were also engineers and worked in that capacity for the Shire of Warrnambool or as the Shire Secretary, with the Crawley family members recording a total of 132 years of service to the Shire of Warrnambool which existed from 1863 to 1994.
- J.C.Stephens, Printers (Maker)
- This book is retained as it belonged to John Crawley, the engineer for the Shire of Warrnambool for forty years.
- J.W.Crawley W’bool 26.3.10
- 1 Aug 2019 at 1:39PM