Book - Victorian Institute of Surveyors Transactions and Proceedings 1919
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a hard cover book with a dark brown cover with gold lettering on the spine. The cover is stained and worn away in places. The book contains 14 articles, reports of the Council for the years 1909 to 1919 and office-bearers for 1919-20. There are several black and white photographs and fold-out maps and plans. The signature on the first page is handwritten in black ink.
- W 14 cm. H 20.3 cm. D 2 cm.
- crawley family, warrnambool, shire of warrnambool, history of warrnambool
- This book belonged to John William Crawley, Junior, a member of the Victorian Institute of Surveyors. He was an engineer, architect and surveyor in private practice in Warrnambool and also the engineer for the Shire of Warrnambool from 1895 to 1935. His father, brother and son were also engineers and worked in that capacity or as the Shire Secretary for the Shire of Warrnambool, with the Crawley family members recording a total of 132 years of service to the Shire of Warrnambool which existed from 1863 to 1994.
- G.A. Green, Printer (Maker)
- This book is retained as it belonged to John Crawley, the engineer for the Shire of Warrnambool for 40 years.
- J Wm Crawley 9/9/19
- 1 Aug 2019 at 1:35PM