From the Collection of Brighton Historical Society First Floor Bayside Arts and Cultural Centre (Old Brighton Town Hall) Corner Carpenter and Wilson Streets Brighton Victoria
- Black polyester leather look jacket with black polyester lining. The jacket features a centre front opening secured by six black press studs, two bust height flap pockets with press studs, and collar. Full length sleeves with band and black press stud closure. The jacket features diamanté decorative finish along the collar and shoulder placket.
- olivia newton john, stage costume, olivia newton john cancer centre, austin health, di reidie, 1990s fashion, immagine
- Olivia Newton John black faux-leather jacket – purchased by Di’s husband at a charity fundraiser for the Austin Health Olivia Newton-John Cancer Centre Appeal in 2004 for approximately $1000. Donated by Olivia Newton John from her wardrobe and since worn by both Di and her daughter Kathryn. The nature of this jacket being made of faux leather and post manufacture addition of glued on diamanté's would indicate this jacket was part of a stage costume rather than personal wardrobe of Olivia Newton John.
- Di Reidie was a volunteer and president of Brighton Historical Society from 1999 - 2016. Originally from New Zealand, Di and her family have lived in Male Street, Brighton for many years and been active community members. During her time at BHS, Di has contributed significantly to the establishment, preservation and promotion of the Costume collection as well as the Brighton Historical society as a whole. Di was also a vintage clothing dealer and amassed her own significant costume and ephemera collection.
Olivia Newton John is a well known English born, Australian actress, singer, business woman and philanthropist. Newton John has had a long and esteemed career however remains best known for her starring role in the 1978 classic film GREASE opposite John Travolta. She also enjoyed considerable commercial music success with the 1981 pop song "Physical" a cult classic. Newton John opened store "Koala Blue" which sold Australian goods in the USA. Newton John has endured significant cancer related health issues and has engaged in significant public awareness and philanthropic support of cancer prevention and treatment in Australia.
- "IMMAGINE, Made in Italy" "40" "Made in Italy, Fabrique en Italie, 100% Polyiestere, Polyestere, Polyester, Polyester"
Personal signature of Olivia Newton John in fine silver pen, "Love Olivia Newton John, 04".
- 2 Sep 2019 at 8:55PM