Historical information

The Bendigo School of Mines was opened in 1873 to meet the scientific and technical needs of the mining industry on the local gold fields. Mining, chemistry, geology, metallurgy and art were taught.
In c.1907 a Junior Technical School commenced to operate at the School of Mines and Industry. This was to enable boys who had completed primary school the opportunity to continue their education and learn skills to assist them in their future. In c.1961 the Junior Technical School ceased to operate with that function being transferred to the White Hills and Kangaroo Flat technical schools.

Physical description

Red/brown soft covered booklet.

Inscriptions & markings

A.W Steane written on front cover