Black and white photocopy of a group of people in front of the Clunes Knitting Mill in Fraser Street, Clunes.
The Clunes Knitting Mill in Fraser Street, Clunes was the former Salvation Army Barracks which were moved from Bailey Street, Clunes to Fraser Street, Clunes by tractor in 1918.
The Country Townspeople's League was founded in Clunes it's mission was to campaign to decentralise industry and provide manufacturing and employment opportunities in country Victoria, specifically at that time, for the continued financial support of the Clunes Knitting Mills located in Fraser Street, Clunes, Victoria. A Bill to give effect to the proposed Clunes Country Industries Policy was to be introduced at the assembly of the new Victorian Parliament in around 1921.
Inscriptions & Markings
Printed on bottom of page:
CLUNES KNITTING MILL - FRONT VIEW OF BUILDINGS