Electrical Instrument - Moore Reed "Universal" Acoustic Coupler: Type TC301
From the Collection of Federation University Australia Historical Collection (Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre) Federation University Australia, Mt Helen Campus Federation University Australia E.J. Barker Library (top floor) Mount Helen Victoria
- Wooden box with two sections that open. Top section hinged and folds back. inside are controls and cables for connecting to a computer. Instructions for use are on the lid. Front section has clips and folds down to a phone to placed in "speakers".
- Closed: Height 13,5cm; Width 25.5cm; Depth 22.0cm. Hinged section opens to width 59.0cm. Speaker section opens to depth 35.0cm
- moore reed, universal acoustic coupler, telephone, remote connection, computer connection
- The Universal Acoustic Coupler was made and would have been used to connect a telephone to dial a computer remotely. The control panel is under the wooden flap. There is a power switch, full duplex switch, 500 Ma Fuse, CCITT Port, CCH OE 380. When not in use it can be folded up into a small carry case with handle.
- Moore Reed and Company Ltd (Maker), Parkwood Arts Ltd (Maker), Datamatic Pty Ltd (Importer)
- English maker's plate and Melbourne supplier's plate with A.P.O. Permit No. C74/8/903
Serial No. 775326
- 29 Aug 2019 at 12:01PM