Booklet - Ballarat School of Mines Annual Report. 1913
From the Collection of Federation University Australia Historical Collection (Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre) Federation University Australia, Mt Helen Campus Federation University Australia E.J. Barker Library (top floor) Mount Helen Victoria
- Two printed copies of the Ballarat School of Mines Annual Report for the year 1913.
- ballarat school of mines annual report, ladies' art association, sheetmetaltrades, albert steane, ballarat observatory, ballarat technical art school, former circuit courthouse, thomas hart, creswick school of forestry, queenstown, b. whittington, ralph williams, charles fenner, university of melbourne, donald clark, w.h. middleton
- Sheetmetal was introduced to the Ballarat School of Mines in this year, as was the Ballarat Junior Technical School - a division of the Ballarat School of Mines.
Assay and Chemical Laboratories remodelled.
It was decided that the new Ballarat Technical Art School would be built on the site of the former Circuit Courthouse, which for many years served as a Museum for the School. It was noted that demolishing this building would remove one of the very oldest landmarks of Ballarat.
The Ballarat Observatory was transferred to the Ballarat East Council.
Thomas S. Hart resigned to fulfil the position of Head Master of the School of Forestry at Creswick.
B. Whitington resigned to fill the position of Directorr of the School of Mines at Queenstown, Tasmania.
- 26 Aug 2019 at 11:16AM