From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Colour photograph of M 113 A1 Fire Support Vehicle about to begin battle run during ' A ' squadron 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles Annual Camp 1986 at Puckapunyal.
- 110 mm x 90 mm
- Battle runs were a live firing exercise designed to test capability of all members of Fighting Vehicle crew.The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- 3 Sep 2019 at 11:50AM