Technical Support Troop provided first line repair of squadron vehicles. The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
Colour photograph of soldiers of Technical Support Troop, A Squadron 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles on parade at Buna Barracks Albury 1986.
Inscriptions & markings
From left : Cpl Mitchell, Cfn Bell, Tpr French, Cfn Jennings, Cpl Ziebarth, Tpr Mulqueeney, W O !! Brndusic.