Dress and vest - Dress and tunic vest
From the Collection of Brighton Historical Society First Floor Bayside Arts and Cultural Centre (Old Brighton Town Hall) Corner Carpenter and Wilson Streets Brighton Victoria
- Long-sleeved crimplene dress (.1) with white bodice and short purple skirt. High collar, cuffs and waist have a purple and yellow checkerboard-patterned trim. Four self-covered buttons down the centre front of skirt. Zip at back. Long purple tunic vest (.2) worn over the top.
- nola jennings, 1960s, bindi of melbourne, len vogue
- This dress belonged to Nola Jennings, a long-time Brighton resident.
Bindi of Melbourne was the youth label of Australian commercial fashion house Len Vogue.
- circa late 1960s
- Bindi of Melbourne (maker)
- Label in both dress and vest, white with black text: "Fashioned for / Bindi / of MELBOURNE"
Two smaller labels at bottom: "SIZE 10 / TO FIT / BUST 32" / HIP 34"" and "CRIMP TERY. / C 145 4".
- 10 Sep 2019 at 12:05PM