Book - An Interior Decorator’s World
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a hard cover book of 215 pages. The hard cover is white with silver-coloured printing on the spine and the dust cover has a cream background with black and pink printing and the image of a pink rose. The pages contain an introduction, a preface, ten chapters of text and an appendix.
- W 15.4 cm. H 24 cm. D 2.5 cm.
- margaret lord, interior designer, history of warrnambool, australian society of interior designers
- This book is the autobiography of Margaret Lord, a noted Australian interior designer, journalist, colour consultant and author. Born in Warrnambool to Margaret and Henry Lord the author studied art in Melbourne and London and became an interior decorator. In the articles she wrote for the Australian Home Beautiful magazine she promoted Australian interior design and materials. Her 1924 book, ‘Interior Decoration – A Guide to Furnishing the Australian Home’, was the first Australian monograph on interior decorating. She was the first in Australia to establish the role of the interior designer consultant and in 1950 she was one of the founders of the Australian Society of Interior Designers.
- Ure Smith Pty Ltd (Maker)
- This book is of considerable importance as it is the autobiography of Margaret Lord, the noted Australian interior decorator and writer. She was born in Warrnambool and this is the only item we have that records her life achievement as a pioneer in Australia of interior design.
- 6 Oct 2019 at 6:37PM