Booklet - Selected Recipes
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a soft cover booklet with a green front cover with an image of a fry pan and cream printing. The back cover is cream. (This copy has two front covers). The booklet contains a foreword, an index, printed recipes on different coloured pages and hand-drawn advertisements for local businesses.
- W 20cm. H 12.5 cm. D 1 cm.
- west warrnambool school, history of warrnambool
- This recipe booklet has been produced as a fund-raiser for the West Warrnambool State School. The production of recipe books such as this one was a popular school project in the 1960s and 70s. West Warrnambool School No. 4899 opened in February 1966 with an enrolment of 183 children and a staff of 8 teachers under the Head Teacher J.J.Godfrey. The West Warrnambool School still operates today in Hoddle Street Warrnambool.
- West Warrnambool School (Maker)
- This booklet is retained as an example of the recipe books produced for fund raising purposes by non-profit organizations in the second half of the 20th century. It is also a memento of West Warrnambool State School.
- 12 Sep 2019 at 3:17PM