Photo Album - Ardlie
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is photograph album with a red cover with a suede finish. It has silver-coloured printing on the front cover and has gold-coloured spiral binding. The pages contain mainly black and white photographs, usually eight to a page. There are some loose photographs.
- W 25.3 cm. H 29.6 cm. D 2 cm.
- ardlie family, warrnambool, history of warrnambool
- This album belonged to Dorothy and Agnes Ardlie of Warrnambool. Dorothy Ardlie (1910-1993) and her sister Agnes Ardlie (1915-1993) were the daughters of the Warrnanbool law clerk, Arthur Ardlie and his wife Ethel, the granddaughters of the prominent Warrnambool lawyer William Ardlie and his wife Mary and the great granddaughters of John and Mary Ardlie, pioneer settlers in Warrnambool . Dorothy and Agnes Ardlie lived in their early years at ‘Aroona’ in Princess Street, Warrnambool.
- 1940s +
- This album is of interest because of its association with Dorothy and Agnes Ardlie of Warrnambool and because it has photographs of some historical interest, especially those of Warrnmbool houses and their interiors in the mid 20th century.
- 6 Oct 2019 at 7:27PM