Model - Broom Pearling Lugger - Tatura No 6
From the Collection of Tatura Irrigation & Wartime Camps Museum 49 Hogan S Tatura VIC
- Wooden hull painted white with bottle green trim. Brown coloured sails (2 large, 3 jib). Fine thread connecting sails and the wooden rungs of the ladder. The words "Tatura No. 6" painted on both sides of the bow and on the stern. Painted in black paint. A black triangular flag on top of mast. Sitting on a wooden stand.
- L 1100 cm x H 900 cm x W 290 cm
- pearl lugger, broom pearl lugger, tatura no 6, camp 4 internee
- Given as a gift to Corporal Taylor, a former guard in Camp 4 in appreciation of his treatment.
- Unknown Japanese internee (Maker)
- Tatura No. 6
- 16 Sep 2019 at 2:59PM