From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Black and white photograph of Catafalque Party at Benalla Anzac Day Service 1986. Front row left to rigtht: Troopers Grant and Lynch; Back row : Trooper Butler, unnamed, Quail, Lance Corporal Petering.
- 240 mm x 190 mm
- 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles traditionally provided atafalque parties and sentries to Anzac Day Services in the regimental district. The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- 1 Oct 2019 at 11:30AM