Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Photograph

From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic

Description
Colour photograph of two soldiers beside camouflaged truck and trailer.They are Trooper M. Roberts ( standing ) and Sergeant P. March of ' A " Squadron 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles during Exercise ' Long Shot . ( 1986 ).
Size
130 mm x 90 mm
Object Registration
3103.38
Historical information
The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
Last updated
1 Oct 2019 at 9:45AM