From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Five coloured photographs of Leopard tanks on rail wagons at Albury Railway Station, circa 1978.
- 250 mm x 200 mm
- In 1977, the Leopard AS 1 Main Battle Tank entered service with the Royal Australian Armoured Corps. It was the replacement for the Centurion Tank, which had given sterling service since 1952 including four years on active service in South Vietnam. Although the Leopard AS1 had been in service for 23 years, with some upgrading it still has a formidable battlefield presence and will be a key weapon system in the Australian Army inventory. Transport by rail was the major method of moving the tank around the country.
- 1 Oct 2019 at 11:24AM