From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Black and white photograph of two soldiers nof 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles working on motor of M113 Light Reconnaissance Vehicle ( LRV ). circa 1975.
- 250 mm x 200 mm
- 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles was equipped with M113 Vehicles 1970 - 1990 in both reconnaissance and armoured personnel carrier roles.The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- 8 Oct 2019 at 11:03AM