8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection, North Bandiana
Photocopy of black and white photo of Shooting Team of 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles with the 3rd Division Shield and other trophies, circa 1976. Some members are identified by notation of photograph.
8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles also won trophy in 1977. The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
Inscriptions & Markings
" Cameron, Ealch, Jackle (sic), Peacock, Ter Haar, Hicks, McDonald, Miles, Armond. "