From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- 3081.1 is an orange and white cardboard box - in black print on top is "PIFCO Electric Massager". It is the original container.
Inside is an electric appliance with three attachable massage red coloured caps. There is an electric cord with a plug. The handle has ridges for gripping. There is a special control knob - possibly bakelite.
There is a 15 pp instruction manual - 3081.3.
- 3081.1 : L-260mm W-130mm D-84mm ; 3081.2 : L-200mm W-64mm D-52mm ; 3081,3 : H-152mm W-90mm
- massager pifco electrical-appliance bulmer
- Lottie Bulmer (wife of Mr Frank Bulmer, Orbost) originally owned the massager. It was given to Di Cunningham by her sister Barbara who married Les Bulmer, Lottie and Frank's son,. After Les died, Barbara gave it to Di Cunningham, her sister, Di kept it for about a year.
Pifco manufactured personal massaging equipment between 1948 and about 1968 (the first appeared about 1935).
- 1947 - 1948
- PIFCO Ltd (Maker)
- These devices were promoted as being able deal with all kinds of complaints, from headaches, pain relief and flatulence to hair loss and gout. It is an example of an early electrical appliance.
- Reg. no 852269
- 17 Oct 2019 at 11:29AM