Book - Weerklank van Anne Frank (Echo of Anne Frank)
From the Collection of Dutch Australian Heritage Centre Victoria 60 Rosstown Road Carnegie Victoria
- 120pp hard cover book about the world-wide reactions to Anne Frank's diary. Hence the title "Echo". It describes a stage play and quotes many reactions from readers worldwide. Some of these are in the form of poetry.
Authors are Otto Frank and Henri van Praag, President of the Anne Frank Foundation.
- 30cm x 21cm x 1.5cm
- Anne Frank was one of a group of eight Jews in hiding from the Nazis. After their betrayal and transportation only her father Otto Frank survived. Her diary was saved by one of the helpers who brought them food and news during the 2 years in hiding.
- uitgeverij Contact N.V., Amsterdam (Maker)
- The diary bears witness to Anne's budding talent as a writer. It is also an invaluable record of a Jewish family in hiding during WWII. It has been translated into over 70 languages and formed the inspiration for several movies and plays. The house on the Prinsengracht quickly became a major Amsterdam tourist destination and is the home of the Anne Frank Foundation.
- "For my daughter Bettina Christina - to remember her Mam. Jan.1976."
- 15 Oct 2019 at 12:21PM