black and white photographs
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- Three black / white photographs of a rider on horseback receiving congratulations.
- H-125mm W-175mm
- orbost-show equestrian chester-gavin musgrave-eric show-jumping
- These photographs were taken at the 1980 annual Orbost Show.
The first photograph is of Mr Frank Rourke congratulating Combienbar rider, Gavin Chester, East Gippsland Olympian ( a member of the 1980 Australian team which did not compete in Moscow). He won the title of Champion Show Jumper riding his mount "Blue Trick" on Monday March 10 1980.
The second photograph shows Mr Frank Rourke placing the winning ribbon around the neck of Gavin Chester's winning mount, "Blue Trick"
The third photograph is the winner of the coveted R.L.Fisher Memorial Plate won by Eric Musgrave being congratulated by Mr Frank Rourke.
Frank Rourke was the Gippsland and Northern manager. G. & N. sponsored the event which carried a prize of $500. On the left in this photograph is Mr J. Horstman, ring four judge.
- March 12 1980
- Snowy River Mail (Maker)
- This is a pictorial record of a significant event in Orbost. This item is also associated with the Orbost Agricultural Society 's Annual Show which has been a major event in Orbost for over a century. Agricultural shows are an important part of cultural life in small country towns and the Orbost Show is an integral part of Orbost 's agricultural history.
- There are details on labels on the back of each photograph.
- 20 Oct 2019 at 2:42PM