From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Khaki woollen tunic with colour patches of 20th Motor Regiment. Metal 'Australia' shoulder titles, metal Rising Sun collar badges and metal buttons.
- 750mm x 450mm x 230mm
- 20th motor regiment, uniform
- Upon mechanisation in December 1941, 20th Light Horse (Victorian Mounted Rifles) was re-titled 20th Motor Regiment (Victorian Mounted Rifles). It was equipped with Bren Gun Carriers and deployed to airfield defence in Northern Territory.
In 1943, the Regiment was deployed to Merauke, Dutch New Guinea, where it conducted patrols along the coast and up rivers using barges and canoes. Returning to Australia in April 1945, the Regiment was redesignated 20th Pioneer Battalion then disbanded several months later at the end of the war.
- Good quality reproduction.
- 3 Dec 2019 at 9:46AM