From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A hard-covered book with a green spine and a green thatched cover. It contains financial statements, newspaper cuttings, photos which have labels hand-written in pen, minutes and a brief history of the Orbost Mechanics Hall.
- H-322mm W-197mm D-11mm
- fagg-peter sport-orbost mechanics-hall-orbost
- This collection was compiled by Peter Fagg who worked as a scientist with the Department of Sustainability and Environment (now DELWP) to study dieback in eucalypts. He specialised in the silviculture of the eucalypt forest types of South-East Australia for most of his 40-year career, which started with the Forests Commission Victoria. He was in Orbost from 1968 - 1973.
The contents of the book are all related to sporting groups in Orbost at the Mechanics Hall. Peter Fagg was the Publicity Officer for the group as well as president.
He was also associated with the Orbost municipal bands.
- Fagg, Peter (Maker)
- This item is related to Peter Fagg, a prominent member of the Orbost community. The item is a record of sporting activities in Orbost.
- on front cover in black marker - Affiliated Sporting Bodies of Orbost ( Mechanics Hall Committee)
- 13 Nov 2019 at 12:11PM