Photograph, B/W East Bentleigh SS No.2083 1925
From the Collection of City of Moorabbin Historical Society (Operating the Box Cottage Museum) Joyce Park Jasper Road Ormond Victoria
- A Black & White panoramic photograph of a group of adults and children in front of the classrooms of the East Bentleigh SS No. 2083 in 1925
- 50cm x 12cm
- education, st stephens anglican school east brighton, education department state schools, state school number 2083, coates charles j, thomas pam, tucker road bentleigh, henry dendy special survey brighton 1841,market gardeners, dairy farmers, poultry farmers, early settlers, pioneers, tuck family bentleigh, moorabbin shire, moorabbin roads board, city of moorabbin, bent thomas,
- The Common School No. 213 East Brighton 1864 - 1878 replaced the original St Stephen's Church of England School in Tucker Road.
1878-1908 the School was known as Education Department State School No. 2083 Brighton East. 1908 - 1936 the School changed it's name to Bentleigh and then from 1936 - 1993 was known as East Bentleigh. 1993 the school was closed due to low enrollments and the building was demolished and land sold .
Charles J Coates, the father of Pam Thomas, attended this school.
- H.M.Walker (Maker)
- A school photograph of one of the original schools in the Bentleigh area showing a gathering of adults and children who had connection with this school either as teachers, pupils, parents or neighbours in 1925.
- on back : handwritten 1925
- 16 Nov 2019 at 10:08PM