Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Photograph

From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic

Description
Colour photograph of officers saluting at a parade of ' A ' Squadron 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles at a hand-over parade at Puckapunyal 1982.
Size
130 mm x 90 mm
Object Registration
3099.49
Significance
he 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
Inscriptions & Markings
" Major G.F. Cole handing ' A ' Sqn 8/13 VMR over to incoming OC Major IE Docking, Puckapunyal Courses Camp 1982. "
Last updated
26 Nov 2019 at 11:13AM