Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Photograph

From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic

Description
Colour photograph of soldiers marching past an officer on saluting dais.
Size
130 mm x 90
Object Registration
3099.52
Historical information
Regiments conducted Courses Camps to train RAAC crewmen. The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
Inscriptions & Markings
" Hand-over Parade Puckapunyal 1982. September Courses Camp March past for out-going OC Major GF Cole ( Radio Course )
Last updated
26 Nov 2019 at 11:34AM