Historical information

Regiments conducted Courses Camps to train RAAC crewmen. The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.

Physical description

Colour photograph of soldiers resting in bush setting.

Inscriptions & markings

"Assault Troopers Course field debrief conducted by Lt Dan Wyborn ( kneeling ). Lt Tom Goode ( standing ).Puckapunyal Range Courses Camp 1982."