Stories Organisations Projects About Login


From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic

Colour photograph of soldiers on edge of parade ground with weapons.
130 mm x 90 mm
Object Registration
Historical information
Regiments conducted Courses Camps to train RAAC crewmen.The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
Inscriptions & Markings
" ASLT Troopers Course cleaning weapons after field exercise.Weapons being inspected by CSM ( Green tanksuit ) WO11Len gaughan. Courses Camp Puckapunyal 1982.
Last updated
26 Nov 2019 at 1:46PM