From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Colour photograph of two M113A1 Medium Reconnaissance Vehicles, also known as Fire Support Vehicles on firing range Puckapunyal.
- 130 mm x 90 mm
- Regiments conducted Courses Camps to train RAAC crewmen.
The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- Courses Camp September 1982. Gunners ( FSV ) Course on Firing Point AFV 2. Puckapunyal. Left hand FSV Firing Main Armament "
- 2 Dec 2019 at 11:14AM