Model - North Melbourne Boot Co.
From the Collection of Port Fairy Historical Society Museum and Archives 30 Gipps Street Port Fairy 3284
- Small hand made model of a shop front form the 1892 almanac
- 22w x 21h x 15d
- VPFH 800
- panorama, model, bank street, sackville street, mr t robinson, alan mewkill
- This model was part of a panorama 11 pieces designs from photos in an almanac printed by Port Fairy Gazette. The panorama was used by the Historical Society rooms Bank Street as a display on an extended mantel piece, before being relocated to Gipps Street. It was made by Mr Alan Mewkill a member of the Port Fairy Historical Society.
- early 1970`s
- This model depicts in 3D, part of the streetscape of Port Fairy in 1892 as drawn in a calendar/almanac of the time.
- Thomas Robinson - Manager
- 22 Dec 2019 at 3:48PM