black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A black / white photograph of a group of people. The back row is standing and the front is sitting on chairs.
- H-97mm W-139mm
- education-east-gippsland technology
- This a photograph of the Gippsland representatives at the C.A.T.S. conference.
This photograph was taken at the Curriculum and Technology in Schools workshop held in Bendigo, Victoria in October 1987. Eighty rural primary schools were involved including many from East Gippsland.
From the Snowy River Mail; " A large number of technologies was......demonstrated at the conference. Participants were given hands on experience with audio and computer conferencing, CD Rom. an Invicon booth ( individual video console (INVICON) enables any teacher to produce short, relevant teaching videos for individual pupils without assistance), packet radio, videodisk, robotics and many more...."
In the back row are: Al Balfour (Bairnsdale Min of E); Graeme Rodier (OHS); Roger Nink (Swifts Creek); John Hillier (Mallacoota); Barry Lay ( Bairnsdale HS); Ross Burn ( Bairnsdale HS),
In the front row are: Jeff Wilson (Mallacoota); Bea Lay (Bairnsdale HS); Rick Box ( Swifts Creek) and Brian Pomeroy (AVRB Bairnsdalel).
Al Balfour was a noted educator, local identity and one of country Victoria's strongest advocates.
- October 1987
- Snowy River Mail (photographer)
- This is a pictorial record associated with education in East Gippsland.
- 21 Jan 2020 at 10:21AM