Victorian 2002 state election campaign coaster signed by Steve Bracks
From the Collection of Australian Nursing & Midwifery Federation Level 1 535 Elizabeth St Melbourne Victoria
- Double-sided square white coaster with blue and red text.
Printed on front with Australian Labor Party logo and authorisation, along with the following text:
'BRACKS LABOR healthy meal
♢ more nurses
♢ more teachers
♢ more police
♢ more jobs
♢ more services
♢ decent government
Bronwyn Pike MELBOURNE'
Printed on rear with blue decorative border and the following text:
♢ take away schools
♢ take away nurses
♢ take away jobs
♢ take away services
♢ take away democracy'
- victoria, election, campaign, education, health, politics, labor party, state politics, 2002 state election, steve bracks, robert doyle, nurses, nursing
- Campaign material for the Victorian Labor Party ahead of the 2002 Victorian State Election, campaigning for Bronwyn Pike in the seat of Melbourne. Education and health polled as key issues ahead of the election. Labor comfortably won the election, gaining 20 seats, returning Steve Bracks as Premier. Robert Doyle was the opposition leader. Despite a heavy loss and lacking popularity with the Victorian community, Doyle continued as opposition leader following the election.
- BR Printing (Maker), Patrick Gordon (Maker)
- Signed in blue pen by Steve Bracks, the 44th Premier of Victoria (1999-2007). Stained on bottom corner. Printed by BR Printing, 30 Albermarle St, Kensington, Victoria.
- 9 Jan 2020 at 3:37PM