black and white photograph
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A large Black / white photograph on grey card. It shows two rows of men. The back row is standing and the front sitting. They are posed in front of a wooden building with an open door. On the left is a water tank
- W-303mm H-250mm
- This is a photograph of An Orbost Agricultural Show Committe.
The first meeting to form an Agricultural society in Orbost was convened by the then Orbost Progress Association and held in the Mechanics Hall on Saturday, 10th October 1891. Its first show was held on 3rd March 1904...on a site alongside the Bonang Road where the present Golf Club stands. It is currently held at the Recreation Reserve at Newmerella. (Ref: In Times Gone By-Deborah Hall)
- early 20th century 1920s?
- Howard D. Bulmer (Maker)
- This photographs is associated with the Orbost Agricultural Society 's Annual Show which has been a major event in Orbost for over a century.
Agricultural shows are an important part of cultural life in small country towns and the Orbost Show is an integral part of Orbost 's agricultural history.
- on front - Howard D. Bulmer Photographer
on right - hand-written < Jack Gilbert X
on back - hand-written - L_R Arthur Rodwell, Mat Lynch, Rupert Mosely, S. Lynn, A. Pardew, John Gilbert, John Bird
on sticker - "Take off man marked X Mr Matthew Lynch of Orbost"
- 24 Dec 2019 at 1:43PM