Medals - Coronation Medallions 1937
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 A bronze-coloured medallion with etched letters and an image of the Coat of Arms of Victoria on one side and etched letters and an image of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth on the other side. The top has a welded ring to attach the medal to a chain or ribbon but the ring itself is missing
,2 as above except that the medallion is much more worn and has the attached metal ring on top.
- .1 and .2 Diameter: 3 cm.
- These medals were issued by the Victorian Government to commemorate the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth of Britain in May 1937. The medallions were given to Victorian school children.
- These medallions have no known local provenance but are retained for display purposes.
- .1 and .2 King George VI and Queen Elizabeth
To Commemorate Their Majesties’ Coronation May 12th 1937 Victoria
- 9 Jan 2020 at 12:09PM