Badge - Australian Red Cross Appeal 1918
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 A circular metal badge with edging in white and red and a white flag with a red cross in the centre set in a light-brown background. Under the flag is printing in red. The back has a metal clip.
.2 and .3 As above
- .1,.2,.3 Diameter: 2 cm.
- australian red cross, world war one, history of warrnambool
- These badges were sold in Australia to aid the Red Cross war effort in World War One. The Australian Red Cross was founded as a branch of the British Red Cross in Melbourne in 1914. The organization was chiefly concerned with the welfare of Australian service personnel, sending comfort parcels, working in hospitals and canteens etc.
- These badges have no known local provenance but are retained as examples of the badges produced to aid the Australia Red Cross war effort in World War One.
- Australian Red Cross Appeal 1918
- 9 Jan 2020 at 12:30PM