Document, report - Report of Forecasting Committee Legacy Residences
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- 5 photocopied foolscap sheets, black on discoloured white. Two holes punched for filing. Adhesive tape has deteriorated and come off 01670(5), leaving it in two pieces.
- 330 x 205 mm; 215 x 328 mm; 215 x 50 mm.
- Confidential report dated 11th November 1970 by Forecasting Sub-Committee chaired by A.V. Dore. Itemises occupancy from 1961-71, annual cost of the residences, auxiliary accommodation costs and Legacy manpower needed, as well as the philosophy behind providing residential care. Consideration is given to the need for accommodation, equivalent care available elsewhere, and the projected decline in the number of children needing accommodation. The Forecasting Sub-Committee recommended that a further sub-committee be appointed by the Board to enquire further along the lines suggested in this report, and this became the Residences Review Sub-Committee in 1971. (See Cat.No. 01671) The table (01670(5)) compares statistics from 1961, 1971 and 1980 for Legatees, children, and gross spending, all of which showed an increase.
- Part of the history of Melbourne Legacy's involvement with residential care for children.
- Page 1: Handwritten 'Arrange meeting', and annotations to the figures in the occupancy table.
Page 4: 'L/tee J.E. Chancellor' handwritten at top
Table: '£35 per week for 1 child in residences' under 1971, other handwritten annotations.
- 13 Jan 2020 at 3:22PM