Document, report - Report by Residences Review Sub-Committee
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- 8 foolscap sheets, black on white. Two holes punched for filing, and add-in.
- 330 x 215 mm; 125 x 205 mm.
- An unattributed draft report dated 19/04/1972 (to be read in conjunction with Cat. No. 01670) which updates Cat.No. 01672. The report gives details of the situation at that date and projected changes to the functions of the residences, occupancy rates, costs and likely trends in accommodation needs. It explores at length auxiliary and alternate accommodation such as the Salvation Army, YMCA, YWCA and church hostels, before recommending that when the number of residents over the age of 14 falls below 34 in two consecutive years Blamey House be disposed of or developed for other needs, Stanhope is converted to co-ed accommodation for over 14s, and Harelands is used as co-ed accommodation for the under 14s. The report also recommends investigating as a separate project maintaining a separate cottage for problem children.
- Part of the history of Melbourne Legacy's involvement with residential care for children.
- Page 1: in pencil: 'DRAFT 19/4/72 Discussed with J. Chancellor and G. Rosman 19-4-72
Page 3: pencilled 'A' circled and inserted before Item 5.
Page 7: In pencil: 'See conclusions attached' at foot of page.
01673(8): in pencil circled 'A', in blue biro 'end of Para 4'
01673(9): in pencil: (i) 'de' scribbled out (iii) 'or re-development of site for other Legacy needs' after 'Disposal of Blamey House, 'Extend' changed to 'Limit', 'limit' deleted, 'for' changed to 'to', 'Havelands' changed to 'Harelands', 'Haveland plus' deleted, '(See addendum ---)' at end.
- 14 Jan 2020 at 10:18AM